What are some Natural Remedies for Distractability
and related disorders and symptoms.
There are a number of things that can clutter our minds or distract us from focusing where we need to these days. Sometimes people may need to look at their diet, exercise, or supplementation to see if any of these things could help.
I started looking into IntelleQ by Advocare for one of my own children who has always struggled with being distracted easily. Although she has never been on prescribed medication for the condition, I thought it would be beneficial to try a natural supplement for her lack of focus.
I am in no way saying that Adovcare’s IntelleQ is a cure for being distracted or zoning out, but I have seen an improvement in symptoms since my child started taking it for a number of weeks now so I thought I would do an Advocare IntelleQ review.
*This review in no way claims that my experience would be the same for anyone else and whether or not this supplement cures or helps the issues mentioned in this article.
So Who Can Benefit from IntelleQ?
- Someone who is looking to improve mental focus and outlook
- Someone who needs helps supporting mental focus and alertness
What are some of the issues we face with concerning mental focus and alertness?
- Our health depends not only on good diet and exercise but also on mental focus and alertness.
- Dietary factors and nutrients profoundly influence the functions of the brain and the nervous system, this can also influence metabolism, mood, appetite, energy production, cognition, performance and health.
- The brain produces important substances such as hormones and neuropeptides that influence our functioning.
- The transmission of nerve messages is a fundamental feature of brain cell function and nervous system physiology.
How do the ingredients in IntelleQ help support these claims?
Key Ingredients for IntelleQ are:
Phospholipids, choline, vitamin C, taurine, bacopa extract, ginkgo biloba.
Let’s look at some of these and what role they play in the supplement.
Choline: Aids in the formation of a number of important substances in the body essential for nerve function and protection, muscle control, memory, and many other functions. Utilized for producing important constituents (phospholipids) involved in brain and heart functions and energy utilization. A building block for acetylcholine, a key brain chemical involved in memory, mental processes and nerve as well as muscle functions.
Tuarine: An amino acid found primarily in the brain and the eye. It may aid in stabilizing cells and tissues through its antioxidative properties, and in protecting the nervous system. It may a play a role in physiologic functions involved in detoxification in the cells of the body as well as helps maintain blood lipid levels and stabilizing blood platelets. It provides energy, and aids in mental focus.
Taurine and Choline can also be found in Advocare Spark. For more information on Spark you can see my Spark Review.
Bacopa extract: Bacopa is also known as brahmi. It is a well-known herb traditionally employed in the Ayurvedic system, used for supporting memory and brain function. The extract has potent antioxidant properties and can inhibit lipid peroxidation as well as improve brain and nervous system function. The active constituents of Bacopa monniera, called bacosides, enhance mental retention capacity. It facilitates acquisition, consolidation, and retention of newly acquired behaviors.
ginko biloba: The ginkgo tree is the world’s oldest living species of tree. Individual trees can grow for as long as 1,000 years in the southern and eastern United States, southern France, China and Korea. Ginkgo leaf extract has been used in Chinese Traditional Medicine for 5,000 years. Ginkgo extract has been shown to have a whole host of benefits, but perhaps the two most notable are its antioxidant activity and its ability to increased blood flow to the brain. Acute administration of extracts improved performance in tests of attention and memory.
- IntelleQ supplement provides nutrients, herbs and botanicals to facilitate mental focus, mood, and feelings of energy and well-being.*
- The comprehensive blend of these ingredients helps support improved mental alertness and health.*
- By influencing the production of acetylcholine in the body, the nutrients in IntelleQ supplement may influence subtle processes such as cognition, memory, mental focus, acuity and alertness, which are of vital importance to our overall health and quality of life.*
- Particular nutrients such as choline, vitamin C and cellular constituents such as the phospholipids can influence nerve cell membrane’s function.
- Other ingredients such as gingko biloba and gotu kola, as well as phospholipids all play a role in promoting memory, cognitive function and mental well-being.*
- Because of its advanced formulation, IntelleQ supplement aids in improving your mental abilities and focus while furnishing bioactive components that support cell function.
Many symptoms people face these days are:
- “zoning out” without realizing it, even in the middle of a conversation
- extreme distractibility; wandering attention makes it hard to stay on track
- difficulty paying attention or focusing, such as when reading or listening to others
- struggling to complete tasks, even ones that seem simple
- tendency to overlook details, leading to errors or incomplete work
- poor listening skills; hard time remembering conversations and following directions
- IntelleQ should only be taken by children 12 and older. Directions are to take 2 pills preferably early in the day with a meal.
- Here are some brain power food ideas to help with aiding in the above issues:
Apples, grapes, pears, oranges, and kiwis should be a part of a healthy diet. These fruits are low in calories and rich in nutrients.
Hope that sheds some light on the IntelleQ product and how this supplement may benefit you! To order the Advocare IntelleQ
Your Health and Wellness Coach,
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.