I love this recipe and how healthy it is for you! It really is filling.
This is a perfect lunch or dinner item to have during the 24 day challenge.
It’s very easy to make and has lots of flavor but the best part is the herbs and spices used help to flush the system of toxins.
– Lot’s of veggies to fill your body’s nutritional needs, plus anti-oxidants that will protect your cells and slow the aging process.
– Lean ground protein (like beef, turkey or chicken) that is an important building block for bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood .
– Fiber-filled beans to dramatically reduce appetite while regulating blood sugar and making you feel fuller—faster.
This recipe comes from Ann Louise Gittleman and is used as part of her Fat Flush Diet program. You can read my post on her
Fat Flush Slimming Soup Recipe
Makes 10 to 12 cups (serving size is 2 to 3 cups)
Fat Flush Slimming Soup Recipe Ingredients
2 tsp. olive oil
1 ¼ lbs. lean ground beef, turkey or chopped chicken*
1 large onion, peeled and chopped
1 large red, orange and/or green pepper, seeded and chopped
1 large zucchini or yellow squash, chopped
8 oz. mushrooms, chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1 bottle (46 oz.) reduced-sodium tomato or vegetable cocktail juice
1 can (15 oz.) pinto, garbanzo or black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14 oz.) crushed tomatoes
1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
1 Tbs. ground cumin
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper, or to taste
¼ cup each fresh cilantro and parsley leaves, chopped
1. In sauce pot over medium-high heat, cook oil 30 seconds or until heated.
2. Add beef, turkey or chicken and cook 5 minutes or until cooked through, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove from skillet; drain, if desired.
4. In same sauce pot, cook onions, peppers, zucchini, mushrooms and garlic for 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
5. Stir in next 6 ingredients and cooked meat.
6. Add up to 1 cup water to thin soup, if desired.
7. Cover and bring soup just to a simmer (do not let boil).
8. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9. Stir in cilantro and parsley; cover and let simmer 5 minutes more.
Garnish with shaved Parmesan cheese, if desired. Soup can be stored up to 5 days in the refrigerator or frozen for 2-3 weeks.
Let me know how you like it!
Your Health and Wellness Coach,
For more Recipes please Follow My Pinterest 24 Day Challenge Recipe board for lots of ideas!